Wed, 27 Apr|
Valuing Practice Education: Supporting the next generation of social workers
Over the two days you will hear contributions from prominent speakers and experts in the field of practice education such as Neil Thompson, Jo Finch, and Shabnam Ahmed.
Time & Location
27 Apr 2022, 10:00 BST – 28 Apr 2022, 17:00 BST
About the Event
REGISTER TO SAVE THE DATE
Further information on each day and sessions to follow
The West Midlands Social Work Teaching Partnership is organising a virtual Practice Educator Celebratory event on the 27th and 28thof April 2022.
Over the two days you will hear contributions from prominent speakers and experts in the field of practice education such as Neil Thompson, Jo Finch, and Shabnam Ahmed. It will be an opportunity to hear student testimonies about their experiences on placement and the value of their practice educator as well as perspectives regarding the role from practice educators. In addition, you will be able to network, refresh your practice and share your organisation’s successes and achievements in practice education .
All workshops will be recorded and 60-90 minutes long.
27th of April – Day (1)
- Opening speech to launch the event delivered by a regional Principal Social Worker
- A presentation delivered by a Keynote Speaker followed by individual workshops.
- The Workshops will include:
1. PEPS refresh webinar
2. Student testimonies/Practice educator ‘talking heads’ webinar
3. Quality Assurance of Practice Learning
28th of April – Day (2)
4. Practice educator self-care
5. Supporting struggling students
6. Helpful hints and tips for effective supervision
7. The social graces model – working with students from diverse backgrounds
8. Working with students with additional needs
Timings and session details are being finalised, please RSVP to register your interest in attending.
Teaching Anti-discriminatory Practice: Pitfalls to Avoid