Fri, 17 Dec|
Trauma Informed Practice: A Lived Experience Perspective
Trauma is an issue that has the potential to impact upon all humans, and therefore becoming trauma informed is a human issue. Every single member of society has a role to play in understanding and responding to the affects and impacts of trauma.
Time & Location
17 Dec 2021, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
About the Event
This training is delivered by Artifacts: Lived Experienced Practitioners, Artists, Poets, Consultancy and Training.
Trauma is an issue that has the potential to impact upon all humans, and therefore becoming trauma informed is a human issue. Every single member of society has a role to play in understanding and responding to the affects and impacts of trauma. This does not mean that everyone must become an expert in trauma, but it does mean that we all have a part to play in understanding trauma, creating awareness of trauma from a range of diverse and unique perspectives, empowering other individuals and communities to create their own awareness of trauma; and within the context and remit of your own roles you all have a part to play in responding to and supporting those affected and impacted by trauma and adversity in one way or another.
The session aims to develop your insight, understanding, reflections, reflexivity and connectivity to trauma informed practice, supporting you to become a practitioner who:
• Is informed by individuals and communities with lived experience
• Recognises the importance of trauma as a human issue
• Recognises where individuals, communities and nations are affected by trauma and adversity
• is responsive to trauma, supporting recovery and preventing further harm
• Can address inequalities, fight for social justice, and improve overall life chances of all individuals we interact and engage with